This is the website where you can….
- Learn about the proposed Home Rule Charter,
- Read of its benefits,
- See some of the people who support it, and
- Find out how to get involved!
We encourage your questions and feedback. Contact the Charter Yes Committee at
After the Board of County Commissioners approved the launch of a Home Rule Charter process, voters elected 15 freeholders from more than 100 candidates in November, 2013.
The common goal of freeholders was to create a better, more effective government for Clark County. They finished their work in time to put a proposed Home Rule Charter on the ballot in the November General Election, saving the cost of a special election.
Why Is It Better?
The county government, designed by the freeholders, is better than what we have because it:
- Increases representation but cuts salaries so the cost for five council members will be no more than the current cost for three.
- Allows voters in each of four districts to choose their own district representative. The entire county elects a chairperson.
- Protects us from any one politician or branch of government becoming too powerful by separating the legislative and administrative responsibilities.
- Gives us, the voters, more local control by providing our citizens the power to put local initiatives and referenda on the ballot.
Take your power back!
Vote YES on the County Charter in November!
Paid for by ClarkForward, P.O. Box 842, Vancouver, WA 98666